This week in #Scala (Sep 28, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Dotty becomes Scala 3
- Algebra and Parametricity
- 4 Ways to Make Change in Scala
- How to Deploy a Scala Application to AWS Lambda
- Counting words in Scala, part 1
- Can we build better?
- 5 lessons learned from my continuing awesome journey with ZIO
- Apache Kafka and ZIO
- The Parallel typeclass in Cats — Scala tutorial
- Tagless Final — Part 12 — delivery-http-http4s (The Big Rewrite)
- Survey on quality of machine translation of Ada code to Scala
- zio-json, the goal of this project is to create the best all-round JSON library for Scala
- rezilience is a ZIO-native collection of policies for making asynchronous systems more resilient to failures.
- Akka HTTP loves JSON: 3 Libraries You Can Integrate into Akka HTTP
- Scala 3: New Types
- Scala 3: Enums
- Microsoft Releases Speech to Text, Cybersecurity, and Interpretable GBTs in Scala
- Most Popular Programming Languages on GitHub — 2011/2019
- Programming in Scala for beginners at university level — week 1
- Hands-on Scala With Li Haoyi. If you like his book, try code `paperback-launch`
- Metals v0.9.4 is out with new analyze stacktrace functionality, customizable package exclusions, and quick-worksheet creation!
- Tofu 0.8.0 is released with new abstractions for streams, blocking, and more
- sbt 1.4.0-RC2 released
- Akka Projections 1.0.0 is out
- caliban 0.9.2 available
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!