This week in #Scala (May 29, 2023)
This blog aims to keep you updated with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
You can now subscribe and get the latest edition directly into your inbox.
- Akka: Enabling the Cloud to Edge Continuum
- Scala 3 Enums
- Chain of responsibility with Scala partial functions
- Realworld: a ZIO+Quill+tapir+Scala 3 demo app
- field report: updating 3 year old scala and zio programs
- The Scala 3 compatibility story
- Template for Scala development in Codespaces
- Encoding Base58: Understanding and implementing in Scala
- Migration to scala 3: what does not work yet for us at rudder.io
- fs2-kafka: pipes, offset commitment races, and test coverage with Weaver
- a template for Scala 3 vscode extension development
- Writing a GitHub Action with Scala.js
- Bleep, Yes, yes, yes. Yet another build tool
- Scala Meetup in Oakland 🚀
- The CFP for Scale by the Bay is open. Share your talks about best practices in Software Engineering, Distributed Systems, Data (ML/AI)
- LambdaConf returns Sept 16–19th and is better than ever! (Call For Proposals and Call for Volunteers)
- ScalaDays tickets are on sale!
- Functional Scala 2023 (London, Nov 30) (Code: ThisWeekInScala10OFF) (+ Call For Proposals)
- NEScala 2023 Call to Action
- ZIO Hackathon, Scotland (in-person and online)
- ZIO Hackathon, Colorado, USA (in-person & online)