This week in #Scala (May 1, 2023)
This blog aims to keep you updated with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
You can now subscribe and get the latest edition directly into your inbox.
- Scala Center Activity Report for 2023 Q1
- Dropped: Package Objects
- Underrated Scala Features and Hidden Gems in the Standard Library
- Beginner’s guide to derivations in Scala
- Making of a hybrid ScalaMatsuri
- Blog on some of the not-so-common SBT Features
- Integrating Akka with Cats-Effect 3
- Scala.js lenses, frontends, and server side rendering with an AWS JVM Lambda Scala backend
- Are you sure your Scala 3 opaque types don’t instantiate?
- Faster Scala.js development with front-end tooling and new tutorials
- sbt Plugins Community Repository
- Using Vulcan Codecs with Kafka Java APIs
- Zio-channel, Go-like channels for your ZIO application
- CEffBanX — demo Scala 2.13 app integrating various FP libraries
- Understanding FP: Overcoming Intuition and Ease Hurdles
- Scalar Conference 2023 talks
- Pain-free APIs with Smithy4s
- Have we found the holy Enum?
- Get more clarity with opaque types in Scala 3
- Full-stack Scala 3 with Typelevel stack
- Concurrency with Cats Effect
- Setting up CORS & CSRF on Http4s
- Proper and Basic Property-Based Testing
- LambdaConf returns Sept 16–19th and is better than ever! (Call For Proposals and Call for Volunteers)
- ZIO World 2023 (Lisbon, April 21st) (+ Call For Proposals)
- ScalaDays tickets are on sale!
- Functional Scala 2023 (London, Nov 30) (Code: ThisWeekInScala10OFF)
- CFP: ScalaMatsuri (Online event, April 15th-16th 2023)
- NEScala 2023 Call to Action
- ZIO Hackathon, Scotland (in-person and online)