This week in #Scala (Apr 3, 2023)
This blog aims to keep you updated with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
You can now subscribe and get the latest edition directly into your inbox.
- Functional Programming anti-patterns in Scala
- Please vote for Scala support in Jetbrains Fleet
- Why use Scala for building backend applications?
- Cats Effect introduction for total newbies
- RFC-1: sbt cache ideas
- RFC-2: sbt 2.0 RFC process
- sbt 2.0 ideas
- Crafting ChatGPT Plugin with ZIO is online!
- Pragmatic DDD in Scala with ZIO
- scautable : Automagically generate html tables from case classes
- Lila Scavenger Hunt: A scenic, guided tour of the Lichess.org codebase
- Twitter’s Recommendation Algorithm
- LambdaConf returns Sept 16–19th and is better than ever! (Call For Proposals and Call for Volunteers)
- ZIO World 2023 (Lisbon, April 21st) (+ Call For Proposals)
- ScalaDays tickets are on sale!
- Functional Scala 2023 (London, Nov 30) (Code: ThisWeekInScala10OFF)
- CFP: ScalaMatsuri (Online event, April 15th-16th 2023)
- NEScala 2023 Call to Action
- ZIO Hackathon, Scotland (in-person and online)
- ZIO Hackathon, Colorado, USA (in-person & online)
- Join me on Medium
- Get Programming with Scala by Daniela Sfregola (30% off)
- Play for Scala (30% off)
- Grokking Functional Programming (30% off)
- Functional Programming for Mortals (pay as much as you want)
- Essential Effects by Adam Rosien (20% off)
- Programming in Scala, Fifth Edition
- Functional Event-Driven Architecture: Powered by Scala 3 is now 100% complete
- Zionomicon (code is thisweekinscala)
- Supercharge Scala Future | FP-Tower (50% off)
- Build Web Apps with ZIO 2.0 (UPDATED) by John A. De Goes, with a 15% discount for This Week in Scala readers
- Scala 3 Metaprogramming (ALL-NEW) (10% off with a code: ThiswknScalasubscriber)