This week in #Scala (Apr 24, 2023)
This blog aims to keep you updated with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
You can now subscribe and get the latest edition directly into your inbox.
- sbt Plugins Community Repository
- Faster Scala.js development with front-end tooling and new tutorials
- March 2023 — Scala Tooling Summit
- Direct Style Scala
- Underrated Scala Features and Hidden Gems in the Standard Library
- making of a hybrid ScalaMatsuri
- New Scala Build Tool
- CEffBanX — demo Scala 2.13 app integrating various FP libraries
- Scala.js lenses, frontends, and server side rendering with an AWS JVM Lambda Scala backend
- Full-Stack Scala 3 with the Typelevel Stack
- Integrating Akka with Cats-Effect 3
- sbt-dependency-submission — A Github action to submit the dependency graph of an sbt build
- twiddles — A twiddle list is a list of one or more values, potentially of differing types, that supports incremental creation and supports conversion to case classes that are “shape compatible” with the constituent types of the twiddle list
- Proper and Basic Property-Based Testing
- Oxes, Tapirs, and sttps
- Why go faster than scala ?
- Good practices for schema evolution with Protobuf using ScalaPB and fs2grpc
- A Look at Scorex: A Scala Blockchain Framework
- VS Code indentation settings guide to help with the significant indentation especially since Scala 3.3.x.
- LambdaConf returns Sept 16–19th and is better than ever! (Call For Proposals and Call for Volunteers)
- ZIO World 2023 (Lisbon, April 21st) (+ Call For Proposals)
- ScalaDays tickets are on sale!
- Functional Scala 2023 (London, Nov 30) (Code: ThisWeekInScala10OFF)
- CFP: ScalaMatsuri (Online event, April 15th-16th 2023)
- NEScala 2023 Call to Action
- ZIO Hackathon, Scotland (in-person…